Sunday, September 21, 2008

Challenge Minus the Cupcake...

Have you checked out this BLOG yet? Taylor issues a cupcake challenge each week, and this week I thought I would play along...now you don't have to use cupcakes, and as you can see I didn't but I liked this sketch so much, I just might make another one...a little "sweeter"!


I just got a few new things from Stampin Up and I was so excited to use them...I LOVE the vintage kindof old fashiony (is that a word?) feel of this new stamp set Winter Post
~available OCT 1~ I colored the image with my Aqua-painters using Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Red Riding Hood classic ink pads. The paper, Ski Slope, is also in the mini, can I just say I LOVE this paper...I thought it was great in the catty, but in real life oh, I am going to be needing lots of this!
The brad is from the Filigree Brad assortment and I have to laugh when I tell you about the ribbon, first have you ever worn a hoodie sweatshirt or jacket and have the strings just get in the way?? Well my kids always pull on them and then one side is longer than the other and bla bla...anyway to make my long story a little shorter I had a brown jacket and I took the string out of the hoodie because it was driving me nuts, but I couldn't let it go to waste and so yep that is the ribbon I added to my card...perfect color and texture and everything! I know I am wierd...but who hasn't looked in odd places to find the just right embellishment?
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sankari W. said...

WOW! that paper is sooo pretty! Love that brad too! can't believe its a brad - wow! Your card is just beautiful with beautiful crisp clean lines - lovely!!!

Taylor said...

So cute! I love that ice skating couple... the vintage images are great! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!