Monday, September 15, 2008

Card Kit for a Friend

Good Morning,
Can you believe its Monday already?! That's okay for me though because it means I am only a few more days away from the Scrapbook Expo...I am so excited, this event comes twice a year and is a great way to drain the pocketbook!!! I love to go see all the new ideas, and best of all take advantage of all the great deals!
This weekend I went to a farewell party for a coworker that is leaving to Germany for 18 months, she had mentioned she would be needing stationary and cards while she was away and so I made this for her as a little going away gift. I hope she liked it!
I wanted to keep the set simple, and I wanted to use the Bella Rose DSP from Stampin Up. I was so excited for this paper to come out and have used it a TON! I love the way the Kiwi Kiss, Red Riding Hood, and Chocolate Chip colors go together. I packaged the cards together in this acetate box from Papertrey.

Here's a quick look at all the cards a little more up close...
For this first one I just layered my DSP onto Kiwi Kiss cardstock, I used the vanilla taffeta ribbon, and tied on one of these thankyou charms~ I am not sure where the charm came from, something I found in my stash!
And here is the other card, I embellished with some American Crafts ribbon, and a little brad from SEI all other products were Stampin Up.
As I mentioned both cards were pretty simple, to finish off the set I stamped the envelopes to coordinate. I thought the set turned out nice...Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love it Shell!!! They turned out so cute!!!

Lauree said...

these are awesome and i made something really similar for my card for the challenge... we have way too similar of taste. oh and thanks again for the sock monkey paper... you are too kind!!